Monday, August 04, 2014

Slipping Through My Fingers

Andersson, Ulvaeus, Kortnev
ABBA

Agnetha Fältskog
"The Visitors": Polydor 1981


Another ABBA song, with Agnetha (the blonde one) singing lead.

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early
     morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
I watch her go with a surge of that well-known 
     sadness
And I have to sit down for a while
***
Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
***
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time
This is about that feeling all parents feel at some point: that our time with our children is too short, too soon gone. They grow up entirely too fast.


It is said that Agnetha's husband, fellow band member Björn, wrote this with their daughter Linda, then 7 years old, in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home