Saturday, March 04, 2006

You're the One That I Want

w/m John Farrar Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta MCA 1978
If you're filled with affection you're too shy to convey, meditate in my direction. Feel your way.
Ooo, Sandy! Feel my way?

This lyric epitomizes the character change Sandy experienced, from a demure, proper girl to a passionate woman. Curiously, Ms Newton-John seems to have experienced a similar transformation in her personal life at that time! Just look at her recordings: before Grease they were typified by such tracks as I Honestly Love You (1974), or Please Mr. Please (1975). After the Grease experience she gives us tunes like Totally Hot (1978) and Physical (1981).

Things that make you go hmmm!

1 Comments:

At March 04, 2006 7:58 AM, Blogger -R. said...

That's the last of extant entries from my previous web page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home