Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Rocky Raccoon

w/m John Lennon & Paul McCartney The Beatles Apple 1969
Her name was Magil and she called herself Lil But everyone knew her as Nancy.
Anyone who has spent any time tracing their roots will recognize this. It's what makes some people, shall we say, difficult to find. I have adopted these lines as the motto for my genealogy site.

There is a cute phrase a few lines further on. After he is shot, Rocky says:

Doc, it's only a scratch And I'll be better -- I'll be better, Doc, as soon as I am able.
A mere flesh wound. It calls to mind a line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975). After having both arms hacked off, the Black Knight says to his attacker, who expects him to yield, It's just a flesh wound.

Indeed, the impact Monty Python had on the state of comedy has been compared to that of The Beatles on music.

Figures: Epanalepsis, Anaphora, Irony, Meiosis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home